- "Dancing With The Stars" host, Brooke Burke-Charvet, had some sad news to share with fans, today. Photo: Getty Images
- "I need to have thyroid surgery and a thyroidectomy, which means I'm going to have a nice big scar right here across my neck," Brooke revealed in a video posted on TheModernMom's YouTube channel. Photo: Getty Images
- So why the surgery? Turns out the bombshell found out she had cancer after getting a regularly scheduled physical, reports Photo: Getty Images People Magazine.
- "I got my results back days later and they were atypical, which means that the doctors couldn't confirm whether the nodule was cancerous or benign...So I had to go and do a whole bunch of additional tests and get second opinions. Long story long, I got my results back and they were not good," she added. Photo: Getty Images
- Brooke also said: "I've booked my surgery...I'm ready to deal with it, and I'm going to be fine. I feel really, really strong. Doctors say this is a 'good' kind of cancer to have...My doctor did tell me this is a happily ever after ending kind of thing." Photo: Getty Images
- What do you think about Ms. Burke-Charvet's news? Are you saddened by it? Share your thoughts and well wishes for Brooke, below...(Terra USA/Dennis Pastorizo) Photo: Getty Images
"Dancing With The Stars" host, Brooke Burke-Charvet, had some sad news to share with fans, today.
Photo: Getty Images